.post-body img { max-width:600px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, July 11, 2015

DIY - Jazz up your pin board as a necklace display


Here's a quick DIY for your next rainy winter day. If, like me, you've accumulated a few necklaces in your thrifting adventures, you'll understand the problem that comes with storage and display. Even on some of the modern racks you can buy today, you'll run into a problem with tangled chains. Added to that, the necklace you want ALWAYS seems to be at the back of the pile. 

So that led me to my plan to upcycle this old pin up board with material I scored at the Salvos last month.

What do you think? The final piece looks great against a shelf in my bedroom and adds a splash of colour to the decor.

Step 1: Grab your average pin board, I dug this one up from my shed... it had been harbouring a small dust army for a few years. If you don't already have one at your disposal, don't fret - you can buy these everywhere.
I spotted this leftover material at the Salvation Army last month, and it's huge! I wanted something mostly plain with a small pattern for effect - so this was perfect.
Cut your material to fit the size of the board with some overlap. I used a staple gun to fix it to the back of the board. 
Don't forget to pick up some pins! (Check out those messy necklaces with no home... yet!)

Incidentally... I'm looking for a new project to use up the remainder of my fabric. Any ideas?
if you have any DIY projects you'd like to see in a future post, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment