.post-body img { max-width:600px; max-height:auto; }

Thursday, July 30, 2015

OOTD: A little splash of colour











































On a cold winter day in Perth, it's easy to throw on a dark sweater and a pair of jeans. We've all been there. But I'd like to convince you that making the conscious decision to wear brighter colours on occasion has its own benefits. With this OOTD I teamed up this beautiful bird print dress (That Bird Label - a Birdsnest brand - Salvos) with a mustard yellow crop. Atop that, I threw on a fitted cream jacket (Good Sammys). Here's another example of using mustard in an outfit. This dress is just gorgeous. It's a fit and flare style, with a lovely full skirt that allows you to sway the day away. I've worn it to the races (minus the crop) in summer and in autumn with a little red cardigan. The looks you can pull off with this dress are endless because of the sheer amount of colour on the print! I love that the full skirt on this dress also falls gracefully over your hips.

I'm a firm believer that colours affect your mood. Naturally, we tend to have more positive reactions to brighter colours as opposed to dull colours. This outfit added a bit of colour to the cold surrounds on the day I shot these photos!

I also love the avian print on this dress. The lively colours and playful pattern turns the spotlight back onto delicacy and femininity. On the whole, this was a stellar purchase. It was brand new with tags when I picked it up at the Salvos and has given me plenty of lovely, bright trans-seasonal wear. Not a bad find!

What do you think about wearing bright colours through winter?

Today's look:

That Bird Label dress - Salvos - $6.25
Valleygirl mustard crop - Salvos - $3.25
Cream jacket (no label) - Good Sammys - $4
Green ring - Salvos - $2.25
Jane Debster pink heels - Vinnies - $4 (See my flatlay with these beauties)

Photos by Reg Vardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment